Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:09 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Elessar wrote:hoLY CRAP!

The undergraduate dean of the college of engineering at my university is none other than Charles Tucker the Third :lol: :lol:

http://mechse.illinois.edu/content/dire ... =64&page=4

Dude, that is one scary coincidence! :shock: You must ask him if you can call him Trip... :lol: ;-)

That is cool!!!!! :thumbsup:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:10 am

Your youngest daughter Dis???? Girl scouts huh... Like Louisianna "Troop Beverly Hills" :D One of my fav movies as a munchkin. "Cookie Time!" You're way better lookin than Shelly Long anyway.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 am

As a former Scout, Dis, I thank you! That can be pretty tough duty.

I washed right out as a cub scout den assistant. OMG those little boys made me nuts.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 am

I did cub scout parent duty about 15 years ago with my oldest. Boys are easy. Give 'em a tent to sleep in, a sleeping bag, a can of beans and weenies (s'mores optional), woods to hike in, a campfire and a pocket knife to whittle with and they're good. Add some disgusting camp songs about slurping up gopher guts with a straw and you're golden.

Girls are HARD. They want to do exciting things, but God forbid they have to get sweaty or dirty doing them. And the Girl Scout rules are mindboggling...can't go overnight anywhere unless everyone has their own bed or sleeping bag. Sharing a double bed in a cabin is not allowed. Can't swim in a backyard pool unless someone present has a current lifeguard certification. Can't go camping unless one adult has been through official GS "outdoor training". No men allowed under the same roof at any overnight cabin stay. No excursions at all unless an adult with them has first aid training. (Fortunately, doctors count as qualified "first aiders"). Forms have to be turned in practically every time you step out the door. And here I was thinking that all I wanted was to have some fun with my 12 year old daughter. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 am

Unfortunately with all the psychos out there both girls and boys should have crazy strict rules. It's sad but that's the world we live in. But hey this will probably be a whole lot of fun, I'll bet your daughter is thrilled you're doing all of this.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:16 am

aadarshinah wrote:Fine, I won't say any more, but (politely) demand your opinon on the end, when you get to it.

When I get to it, yeah. So far, I'm just enjoying the atmosphere and playing the Renaissance equivalent of The Batman. ;)

Speaking of AC2, did you see the wicked cool live action "prequel" Lineage that shows the main character's dad in action? It's fricking awesome.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:13 am

I'm playing Miss Marple. But you guys are making me wanna dig out KOTOR and kick some Sith tail. :twisted:

Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 am

enterprikayak wrote:THAT IS AWESOME! BRING HIM SOME CATFISH!

And pecan pie.
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
aadarshinah wrote:Fine, I won't say any more, but (politely) demand your opinon on the end, when you get to it.

When I get to it, yeah. So far, I'm just enjoying the atmosphere and playing the Renaissance equivalent of The Batman. ;)

Speaking of AC2, did you see the wicked cool live action "prequel" Lineage that shows the main character's dad in action? It's fricking awesome.

Not all of that. I'll have to take a look at it when I get back later... thanks for pointing it out.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Distracted wrote:Girls are HARD. They want to do exciting things, but God forbid they have to get sweaty or dirty doing them. And the Girl Scout rules are mindboggling...can't go overnight anywhere unless everyone has their own bed or sleeping bag. Sharing a double bed in a cabin is not allowed. Can't swim in a backyard pool unless someone present has a current lifeguard certification. Can't go camping unless one adult has been through official GS "outdoor training". No men allowed under the same roof at any overnight cabin stay. No excursions at all unless an adult with them has first aid training. (Fortunately, doctors count as qualified "first aiders"). Forms have to be turned in practically every time you step out the door. And here I was thinking that all I wanted was to have some fun with my 12 year old daughter. :?

Really a lot of rules. I don't know how they are in Brazil now. We started join packs in the late 70's and mixed scout troops by the 80's. My family were always involved in Scouting (I have even served at the National Board), my two sisters and my brother in law were leaders of mixed pack and troops (he was on the 'pioneers' - more than 18 yrs old here). It was little more easier to camp with boys & girls under the same roof (but on separate rooms if 11-17). But it always has been very funny... Hope you can enjoy!

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Elessar wrote:hoLY CRAP!

The undergraduate dean of the college of engineering at my university is none other than Charles Tucker the Third :lol: :lol:

http://mechse.illinois.edu/content/dire ... =64&page=4

Dude, that is one scary coincidence! :shock: You must ask him if you can call him Trip... :lol: ;-)

That is cool!!!!! :thumbsup:

That. Is. Awesome. :o

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm

...watching?

Well, I just finished disc 7 of season 3 of VOY, which came by Netflix just this afternoon, and feel like I should get a medal or something. 68 episodes down and finally I'm getting to the good stuff.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 pm

I just watched Adaptation with Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep. Great movie if you haven't seen it!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Trying to decide if I'm going to watch "Observer Effect" or the second episode of the first season of DS9. (I'm watching the series for the first time and am determined to plow through all 7 seasons before I judge the show. All I can say is ENT had a better premiere... and I don't much care for ENT's premiere -- though I like it more now than the first time I saw it. LOL)
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I was thinking about watching Observer Effect too :guffaw: it's one of the ones I missed.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”