Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Doing? Sitting in my car on a Chicago side street watching th beautiful Jennifer Beals film a scene. Yup, I am working as a driver again. The governor was just here. Must have been in a scene.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:Doing? Sitting in my car on a Chicago side street watching th beautiful Jennifer Beals film a scene. Yup, I am working as a driver again. The governor was just here. Must have been in a scene.

sounds like fun. me? I'm making empanadas off a recipie on my laptop and listening to a ST audiobook, 'cause there was nothign good on TV.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm

aadarshinah wrote:sounds like fun. me? I'm making empanadas off a recipie on my laptop and listening to a ST audiobook, 'cause there was nothign good on TV.

I love Empanadas! Which audiobook?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 pm

The new Trek movie one. Doesn't matter that I just watched the movie last night with my mom, or that I've read the book before, or my brother will tease me mercessly if he comes home early (but he has Track today, or should, so that shouldn't be a problem)....

My name is aadarshinah and I have an addiction...

But my mom is on the Weight Watcher's diet thing and, since I'm the only one who cooks in this house and my brother doesn't eat anything I cook, so am I by default. I've been making it my mission to find new and exciting things to make from their recipie books. Yesterday it was homemade crepes. Tomorrow... idk yet.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm

There's a cooking thread I started here. I love to cook when I have strength.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 pm

WarpGirl wrote:
aadarshinah wrote:sounds like fun. me? I'm making empanadas off a recipie on my laptop and listening to a ST audiobook, 'cause there was nothign good on TV.

I love Empanadas! Which audiobook?

Prolly shouldn't mention this, but there's a torrent out there in cyberspace that contains every single trek audiobook ever.

i've said too much. :vulcan:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 am

I'm still at work! 12 hours already. Loooooooong day.
So not glamorous. It's 60 degrees and they have me in tank top and shorts. Brrrrrrr. Hope I get in a shot!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:36 am

Poor thing! Good luck! :popcorn:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:10 am

...doing: Taking a break from holding a bowl under my three year old as she suffers from the stomach flu (the third kid today to come down with it). All with one eye, since earlier today my 13 month old poked me in the eyeball with the corner of something made out of cardboard... the pain is excrutiating and my eye is nearly swollen shut.

This day has been a comedy of errors I tell you. A dark, twisted comedy from hell!! Not to mention the huge yelling fight my husband and I had (and I can count on one hand how many times in our 13 years of marriage we've raise our voices to each other like that).

*weeps*
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 am

Misplaced wrote:...doing: Taking a break from holding a bowl under my three year old as she suffers from the stomach flu (the third kid today to come down with it). All with one eye, since earlier today my 13 month old poked me in the eyeball with the corner of something made out of cardboard... the pain is excrutiating and my eye is nearly swollen shut.

Sorry to hear from that! Take on the light side: Enjoy wildlife... have children ! :D

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Misplaced wrote:...doing: Taking a break from holding a bowl under my three year old as she suffers from the stomach flu (the third kid today to come down with it). All with one eye, since earlier today my 13 month old poked me in the eyeball with the corner of something made out of cardboard... the pain is excrutiating and my eye is nearly swollen shut.

This day has been a comedy of errors I tell you. A dark, twisted comedy from hell!! Not to mention the huge yelling fight my husband and I had (and I can count on one hand how many times in our 13 years of marriage we've raise our voices to each other like that).

*weeps*

UGH. I hope you have a better day today. I hate days like that.

I got home last night at 1:45 a.m - 15 1/2 hours on the set. I don't think I got any "face time," but I WILL get a nice check in 2 weeks. :D

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 pm

...doing?

Getting ready to go out and pick up my check, go to the bank and then to buy materials to keep on working on the new design project.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:
aadarshinah wrote:Fine, I won't say any more, but (politely) demand your opinon on the end, when you get to it.

Okay, aadarshinah, I finished AC2 last night and I loved the ending with Minerva and the like. Sure, if one is hyper religious, I can see how it might offend a follower of an Abrahamic religion, but I thought the whole "space astronaut" thing was really cool. I mean, if you can ignore the whole genetic memory thing that was the central tenet of the AC games in the first place, then a group of "Forerunners" or whatnot is easy enough to overlook. Definitely looking forward to AC3. I'd actually like to see it set in 1700s France, right about the time of the Revolution there, because that's a perfect time for an assassin.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm

I wasn't offended. It just weirded me out the first time I saw it, and it took me watching it another time or two to actually get past my "wtf is going on?" to really like it. But Revolutionary france would be cool for a third assasin's creed.... I've seen it online suggested that the next one might be a female assasin in WWII (though that one's usually shot down quick) or another guy in a King Arthur sort of setting... though I've also seen feudal japan as on option..

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Doing? Watching my beloved Fins smacking around the Vikings. Whoo hoo!
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Return to “General Chat”