https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 pm

...doing?

Having a sigh of relief that the election in Sweden is over, and that things will go back to normal at work. But it was unfair of local radio to insist on me being there at 7 a.m. to comment on the outcome, after only having managed three hours of sleep...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 pm

WOW! KTR I think you would be a very interesting person to have coffee with.

Doing? Defrosting shrimp. Which is taking longer than usual. It's shrimp and roasted squash for dinner tonight. And I am so bummed about not having a bottle of white wine. All I've got is merlot, and you DO NOT drink that with shrimp.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:44 pm

WarpGirl wrote:WOW! KTR Doing? Defrosting shrimp. Which is taking longer than usual. It's shrimp and roasted squash for dinner tonight. And I am so bummed about not having a bottle of white wine. All I've got is merlot, and you DO NOT drink that with shrimp.

No, but you can have a glass after dinner, right?

What am I doing? Feeling bad because I just screamed at my son. I shouldn't do that. Even if he deserves it...................

Oh, and feeling crappy because my dog Jack bit the cutest little King Charles Spaniel at thevgroomer today. No blood drawn, but this has been a really crappy day.

I think I'll join you in a glass of wine WarpGirl! Salud!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Maybe I will. You know the hard part about wine is getting the dang cork back in the bottle. I'm going to steal a bottle of whiskey from my father soon. Since you know, I don't have a guy around to handle bottles and opening food packages. Sorry you had a bad day. And don't worry about your son, he'll get over it. Mommy's have crappy days. ;-)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

WarpGirl wrote: Maybe I will. You know the hard part about wine is getting the dang cork back in the bottle. I'm going to steal a bottle of whiskey from my father soon. Since you know, I don't have a guy around to handle bottles and opening food packages.

There are some very good screw-top wines out there.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah, I'll have to get some money first. Right now I don't even have ten dollars to spare, it's house insurance week. And electric and telephone. And it is a very good thing that you can't buy booze with food stamps. However, since in VA I'm not allowed to make more than 79$ a month and keep medicade, I'm kinda screwed. But I'm lucky, my brother has been getting his hours cut and he has a wife and baby.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am

...doing?

Just walking in the door from selling my body to science. Well, all it was is an EEG and some other stuff for a study I've been doing for the last 4 years or so, but it's gone on all afternoon and now I've the disgusting gel in my hair, so... fun. At least I get paid for it.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 am

Oh I shaved my head for those, and once hacked it off with surgical shears. Sorry I've had to do them too often to even consider getting paid for them. Don't scrub too hard you'll bleed.

Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 am

doing... Just finished editing a script for a friend (a virtual series). Just about to have dinner. I hope hubby is finally up for food after having been sick all last night. Stupid stomach flu. It takes forever to get through a family of 8! :lol:
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 am

Awww hope he feels better. it used to double back around in our house. First us kids, then dad, then mom, then us kids then mom again. I couldn't open the vino tonight, hands would not stop shaking. Darn CP! :evil:

Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:24 am

WarpGirl wrote:Awww hope he feels better. it used to double back around in our house. First us kids, then dad, then mom, then us kids then mom again. I couldn't open the vino tonight, hands would not stop shaking. Darn CP! :evil:

That is exactly why I'm bleaching everything down, every day. I do not need a second round of this!

Sorry about the lack of winage for ya! :(
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Watching? The Captain of Castille, Tyrone Power the ultimate tall dark and handsome. Normally not my type, however those black curls a girl could lose her fingers in them. :twisted:

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 am

doing...?

Lying on the couch in total exhaustion after participating in Challenge Day at a local high school as an adult volunteer. (Ever watch MTV's "If You Really Knew Me..."? That. It wasn't filmed, though... thank God.) I'm emotionally and physically completely drained. We screamed and danced and hugged and played volleyball and bared our souls. Very scary. Also amazing. And this was the second time I did this. You'd think I would have expected how difficult it was going to be. I forgot, I guess. But I remembered correctly how good I'd feel afterwards... in a completely wrung-out want-to-sleep-for-three-days sorta way. Strangely, it was fun. Unfortunately, I have to go back to work tomorrow.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”