Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Speaking of aging...

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 am

Aquarius wrote:Getting back to what used to be fun about life...

One of the things I miss most about going out the way I used to was the whole ritual of getting ready. Every piece of clothing carefully selected, the right shoes or boots, doing the hair just right, accessories...for me it really heightened the anticipation of what kind of night I was going to have.

'Course, back then, lingerie was also outerwear, which made for a lot of fun possibilities. :mrgreen: I wasn't a skank...I just liked to look like one. :lol:

Aquarius - I am now a full-time stay at home mom. I know what you mean. I didn't become a mom until I was 38. I used to get up every day and dress for work. I would wear jewellry, cologne, etc. Sometimes a suit & heels. Now, it's jeans and sweaters or t-shirts every day. We used to go to clubs (both my husband & I were in a band) and so I also had some kick-ass club wear. Those days are over. My husband doesn't understnad why I want to get dressed up when we go out. :cry:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Speaking of aging...

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Aideweizee, that is why one of my first efforts at writing a FanFic was the females on Enterprise wanted to Dress up. That was based on my own expeirence. I was posted in a real Cess Pool (nameless) but the females there were sick nd tired of not being able to "Put on the dog" So, they arranged a Formal dance. Gowns, Tux. They were quite happy about it. Said it made them feel good that they could look Attractive and alluring in their Gowns.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “General Chat”