Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Alcohol

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Alcohol sucks. I'm 30 years old and haven't had a drop since I turned 22 (I was pregnant when I turned 21). I don't miss it either 'cause it tastes like shit and I'm pretty funny without it.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:11 pm

Well, I've just celebrated the pagan holiday of Midsummer here in Sweden, and it's is "traditional" to become quite drunk. I, however, only managed to be a bit inebriated, which is as it should be. Razz
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:17 am

Well... I'm presently, relatively inebriated; and, I'm happy to report, it's not half-bad...

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Ah....but therein lies the rub, prisocisor. It's never bad WHILE you're soused. It's the next morning that sucks. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:41 pm

Cool Well No one can ever say I fall into a certin stereo type. Since this Ol Irish/german(PA Dutch) boy dont drink tat all.

Ok Ill admit in the past year Ive tried some wine, Twice. Confused An I stil dont get the appeal. Firstly I cant stand the taste of any form of alcohol, I had to spit the last I tried right out.
Same with beer. An secondly Ill never undestand why anyone wants to impare their own judgement, an their sences. Confused

Sorry I consume things that taste good, an wont aid in getting me Killed. Or someone else.
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Distracted wrote:Ah....but therein lies the rub, prisocisor. It's never bad WHILE you're soused. It's the next morning that sucks. Cool

Ah, but just remember to drink a lot of water before hitting the sack and it should be OK even the next day (unless you drank a lot). Wink Oh, and don't mix too many different sorts of alcohol. A mixture is not a good thing.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:32 am

Mitchell wrote:Firstly I cant stand the taste of any form of alcohol, I had to spit the last I tried right out.

I know!! What is WITH the taste of alcohol? Everyone is drinking beer...saying how delicious it is, and to me it is as bitter as hairspray. Literally, I have to choke it down (so I rarely drink anything, obviously). The only drinks I find the least bit palatable are laden with sugar/kahlua/juice to mask the hideous alcohol taste. I feel the same way about coffee. Obviously *I'm* the weird one, but sometimes it's like you've got to be joking that that tastes good (coffee or alcohol). Soooooooo bitter. I have a differently-evolved tongue. Razz
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am

Yep I hear you Very Happy can't stand the taste of alcohol or coffee either. Like I said somewhere before the only time I actually tasted alcohol (by accident because I really never wanted to try it even before I knew what it tasted like) was when I was like 8, we were like at some wedding or something and I was really thirsty so my mother was like "what do you wanna drink" and I was like "orange juice", then she gets me this foul smelling, off-colored orange drink thingy, I took one little sip and spat the nasty thing right out because it was like totally gross. That sealed the deal Cool Laughing
ImageImage

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 am

enterprikayak wrote:Obviously *I'm* the weird one, but sometimes it's like you've got to be joking that that tastes good (coffee or alcohol).
I don't drink coffee either, because it's bitter. People tell me it's an acquired taste. If I have to acquire a taste, why bother? And you know what? It saves me a small fortune.

One of my roommates had a glass of wine at dinner one night, and I sniffed it. I thought, "ugh, it smells like moldy grapes," and then thought, "wait a minute... that's what it is." Yelch. I like sparkling cider, though. That's good stuff, and no alcohol at all.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:49 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:Obviously *I'm* the weird one, but sometimes it's like you've got to be joking that that tastes good (coffee or alcohol).
I don't drink coffee either, because it's bitter. People tell me it's an acquired taste. If I have to acquire a taste, why bother?

Laughing
You're smart not to. I got addicted to it as a Teen when I went to a summer camp where I had to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:27 am

Cool Every time I get a sniff of any booze, all it dos is remind me of corn siliage juice. Confused An I cant stand more then 5 minutes around my silos in the fall when the juice is runnin out of them. Laughing Id a made a piss poor Moonshinner.

I dont drink coffee either. Never liked the smell, or the taste.
Cool Pluss since Im an American Farmer, I refuse to consume food products that are not grown in The USofA. An since what 99.9% of coffeee comes from Colombia, I figure why risk it.
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:53 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:Alcohol sucks.

As an alternative to ranting for 3-4 pages, I must say that I concur. This summation rather clearly expresses my sentiments on the entire matter.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 pm

I like a glass of wine now and then. There is such a variety in wines and I like the taste of most of them. 'Hard liquor' I rarely drink. And I too had celebrated mid summer - with
'cakes and ale' but the ale was only one glass of apple juice.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:10 am

It's a depressing thought that it burns away brain cells, but besides that, in my life, my experience has been that it's God's gift to those of us not blessed with early-developing social skills Laughing

For many though, it has ruined lives, I accede. When I first tasted alcohol I couldn't STAND beer, wine, or champagne. Of course hard liquor is poison (literally and figuratively) but you can mix it and it accomplishes the goal: getting drunk - and fast. But over the course of a year or so, I've begun to acclimate my taste buds to both beer and wine. Wine creeps up on ya, actually. But I haven't had anything to drink in quite some time. Since I've gotten into the training for the Marines, also, I it's not like I can get drunk every weekend, because it derails my physical conditioning. But every once in awhile, it's tolerable, I think.

But I respect that a lot of people feel very strongly negative towards it.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm

Well, I probably should feel more negative about alcohol than I do, as a couple of people in my family have not been able to handle it and have hurt themselves and others through its use. But both of them have been coming to terms with their problem drinking and I never even have a glass of wine around them to respect their struggle to stay sober. If it is an occasional mild indulgence - in moderation, and in responsible company, it is ok. If you think you need that drink, its best to satisfy that 'need' in another way. I respect your moderation, CX, to fulfill your military obligations and stay in good physical shape.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “General Chat”