Postby Distracted » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:24 am

:lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby Weeble » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Dis doesn't look like Reba, maybe if she records a record or two...

Now the real whine

When is it going to stop raining. @!#@#$% rivers are so high the fish are surfing back to Lake Michigan, its not fair :? :? :(
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 am

Dunno about the "not looking like Reba" thing. My middle child's in cosmetology school and she's been experimenting lately. I am now a redhead. 8)

I'll see you that whine and raise you another. It's April in Louisiana. We're supposed to be having shorts weather. Instead the forecast calls for a drop in temp from the 70's (the ambient average temp down here for the past month at least) down to the 40's!! Forty degrees in April in south Louisiana. And Festival Internationale is this weekend!

Sigh. At least all the Canadians will be comfortable.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Our temps have finally been trending towards normal, getting a bit warmer. The rain is nuts though. broke my rain gauge last fall so i don't know how much we've been getting, but everything's at flood stage and more rain is scheduled for this evening/night.
You usually can spot the canucks with the black socks and shorts. :mrgreen:
As far as the red hair, hope your not having to keep Mr. Dis away with a pointed stick....

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 am

Weeble wrote: As far as the red hair, hope your not having to keep Mr. Dis away with a pointed stick....

Now why on Earth would I want to do that? 8)

Warning: The following definitely comes under the heading of wayyyy TMI, but it's the Whine thread, so I'd recommend that you go somewhere else now if you don't like to hear a woman gripe about female stuff.

I'm sick and tired of dealing with my schizophrenic ovaries. One month I'm hot flashing like crazy, the next I'm practicallly exsanguinating. I'm crankier than a bear with poison ivy rash most days, yet so fatigued I can sleep twelve hours and still not feel rested. To paraphrase a long-lost forum member who had an unnatural fondness for Farscape, perimenopause sucks mivonks.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Somehow i don't think the male solution to your problem, have a beer, will help. Good news here. The Monster in Law has been dropped off at a sister in law's place for about 10 days. The wife unit should calm down in about 4 days.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I think I may be on the other side of all that, finally, though it's too soon to say for sure. It was a lot worse BEFORE than after, and so far I've avoided any hot flashes. Knock wood. (I actually woke up really hot last night, but that could be because it's literally hot up here, by our standards -- it's supposed to get into the 70's today, for the first time since last October. This after a long, long winter, so we're all kind of in shock.)

Probably not as much of an issue for someone in Louisiana, but make sure your Vitamin D is up where it should be. I felt just plain wilted before I got treated for that (well, that and anemia). I take it religiously now.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 pm

My alcoholic beverage of choice is wine, not beer, Weeble, but it's no coincidence that I was a teetotaler my entire life until about a year and a half ago and now I go through at least a bottle a week. 8)

Alelou, my breakfast every morning consists of one 5 mg Lisinopril, 2000 IU of Vitamin D, a women's MVI with iron, a Colace (necessary because of the iron :roll: ), one capsule of St. John's Wort, and a high potency glucosamine/chondroitin tablet.

Oh. And a Slimfast. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:58 am

Okay, you're really going to town on that stuff. I don't even know what the first one is. Do you have arthritis that's helped by the glucosamine/chondroitin? (Should I tell my dad to take it?)

Ferrous glucinate can be a little easier on the gut in case you haven't tried it. (Not to say I don't rely on some help in the extra polyethylene fiber department myself.) But I did less than recommended because my mother has that condition where she can't get rid of iron and until the adventures of peri-menopause I had never been even slightly anemic. I figured I didn't want to load up on the stuff and then have nowhere for it to go, especially since the Red Cross doesn't want my blood in case I might still give someone Mad Cow Disease someday...

And hey, the research shows a glass of alcohol a day is GOOD for women after menopause.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Dis,

You can always have both. You know a beer for your health and a class of wine for, hmmm, your health. :tears:

Alelou,

4 years of retirement and ever improving blood tests tell me it's stress that causes most of the troubles out there. I eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of buttered toast or eng muffins, hash browns or grits, and either bacon, sausage or ham every day for breakfast. The wife and I do avoid eating out or any processed food. (breakfast pork products don't count)...

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Oops, I also take 4000 units of Vitamin D and 400 mg of calcium. My Chirocracker insists....

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Just got up: Italian coffee (Otherwise, how the hell could I wake up? 8)).
Breakfast: Croissant and cappuccino.
Mid-morning: Italian coffee.
Lunch: Mediterranean Salad + Italian coffee.
Mid-afternoon: Italian coffee.
Dinner: Just about anything, depending on the cravings.
And. .. wine!
:D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Alelou wrote:Okay, you're really going to town on that stuff. I don't even know what the first one is. Do you have arthritis that's helped by the glucosamine/chondroitin? (Should I tell my dad to take it?)

Ferrous glucinate can be a little easier on the gut in case you haven't tried it. (Not to say I don't rely on some help in the extra polyethylene fiber department myself.) But I did less than recommended because my mother has that condition where she can't get rid of iron and until the adventures of peri-menopause I had never been even slightly anemic. I figured I didn't want to load up on the stuff and then have nowhere for it to go, especially since the Red Cross doesn't want my blood in case I might still give someone Mad Cow Disease someday...

The first one, unfortunately, is a prescription blood pressure med. Heredity is a harsh mistress.

Supposedly glucosamine and chondroitin are good for the cartilage damage that occurs in osteoarthritis. Since I did martial arts for 20 years, both my parents have OA, and I've still got daily knee pain despite the fact that I haven't set foot in a dojo since 2007, I figure it's a reasonable precaution. If your dad has OA it certainly won't hurt, and it might help. You're right to be cautious with full dose iron supplements. Iron overload can cause liver damage. I wouldn't take iron at all if I didn't have an obvious source of iron loss. And now the literature is even associating calcum supplements with an increase in atherosclerosis. Dietary calcium is apparently much better for you. Dunno if I'd ever encourage anyone to begin drinking alcohol late in life like I did, but if you drink anyway, supposedly alcohol, especially red wine drunk in moderation (less than 12 oz a day), has a beneficial effect on cholesterol.

And Weeble, I have nothing against beer. I just never developed the taste for it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Asso,

I bet you and your wife go dancing alot, you being so jittery and all :D I don't think I've ever met anyone who drinks that much coffee. Please don't tell me it's decaff, that would ruin it all. :lol:

Return to “General Chat”