Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Linda » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:22 pm

Uh, JT, I hope that the twin who does not play soccer does not feel left out? I was thinking of that because Dylan's sister kind of does. Because her long distance boy friend happened to call on the day Dylan got back from the science fair, to say he is breaking up with her. Not a very happy day for poor Imie! Uh, sorry. This is the HAPPY news thread but comments kinda go with the flow. :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:20 am

justTripn wrote:About a two years ago, one of my boys was going out to a dance and came to me with his suit and asked me to tie his tie. I said, "I still don't know how." He made this exasperated sigh and said, "OK! I'll just have to google it!" I didn't think anymore about it, soon he was dressed. After dropping him off at the dance I went up stairs on the computer and sure enough there on the screen was step-by-step pictoral instructions on how to tie a tie! What an amazing age we live in!

That was one of the first things I "googled" ever...in 1997, I "yahooed" it for Priso, since he was useless, and I tied it loosely, and I think it's still the same knot actually, hanging in the closet today.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:27 am

This si why they have clip-on ties. ;)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
justTripn wrote:About a two years ago, one of my boys was going out to a dance and came to me with his suit and asked me to tie his tie. I said, "I still don't know how." He made this exasperated sigh and said, "OK! I'll just have to google it!" I didn't think anymore about it, soon he was dressed. After dropping him off at the dance I went up stairs on the computer and sure enough there on the screen was step-by-step pictoral instructions on how to tie a tie! What an amazing age we live in!

That was one of the first things I "googled" ever...in 1997, I "yahooed" it for Priso, since he was useless, and I tied it loosely, and I think it's still the same knot actually, hanging in the closet today.

LOL!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 am

enterprikayak wrote:

I've done this too!! :lol:

I've actually looked it up twice. I found a site that sold videos on how to tie different tie knots :lol:, but you can also just get step by step pictorial descriptions.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:39 am

I'm so glad to hear my husband isn't the only one who ties a knot once and then leaves it in forever because he can't really do it. He has a row of knotted ties on hooks...

Worse, he used to cut off the end of the one in back if it was sticking out.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:23 pm

LOL, tis becoming a lost art, the tying of the tie! :faint:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Hope its not too late to congratulate Dylan and Paris. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:22 pm

:happyjump: I have a job interview on monday.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 pm

^ Lycka till! :)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 am

In the darkest days of my miss-spent youth, I veered astray and somehow staggered into a three day jaunt as a salesman. Don't ask me how this horrific situation came to pass, for I do not truly know. I can only conclude that I must have been too hung over one morning to pay attention. Anyway, the manager gathered our bright eager young faces together that first morning and passed out a worksheets on how to tie a necktie, complete with diagrams and step by step illustrations. 'Tis the only thing I took with me from that place on the following Friday other than a sense of relief and a solemn committment never to go back. From that day forward, I knew how to tie one (1) specific type of knot on a necktie. I forgot the name of it. It's either a Windsor knot or something else. I forgot which one and don't give a rodent's buttocks.

I have a job interview on monday.

Congratulations. Knock 'em sideways.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:54 am

Elessar wrote:I found a site that sold videos on how to tie different tie knots :lol:,

God help us all.
:guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:09 pm

I found a copy of The Vulcan Academy Murders in good shape for 50 cents! I'm not so much a TOS fan, but it's Vulcan. And 50 cents. I was quite pleased.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Finally I was able to sleep!
A bit!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Gotta lay off that coffee dude.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Return to “General Chat”