Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Spontaneous Conversation thread

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 08, 2007 10:54 pm

About the Vulcan ears, of course they must be an erogenous zone (especially the pointed tip) because... well, dammit they're sexy as hell! Twisted Evil Drool Would be a terrible waste otherwise!
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed May 09, 2007 3:35 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:About the Vulcan ears, of course they must be an erogenous zone (especially the pointed tip) because... well, dammit they're sexy as hell! Twisted Evil Drool Would be a terrible waste otherwise!

That's terribly illogical, which I find ironic because we're talking about Vulcans.

I'm glad people are interested in seeing Z'Val learn about Rome and compare it to Vulcan. It's going to require me to make up some Vulcan history, but that should be fun. And hey, I get to put the Ancient Rome class I took this semester to good use.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed May 09, 2007 11:35 am

Mitchell wrote:Well considering this all started with Kov, and Trip. Id go with American Football. Not Soccer. Confused An I cant quite figure out how anyone would get killed in soccer, unless a cleated shoe to the throat could do it. Confused Otherwise Soccer just isnt as dangerous as football.

My oldest son, Jeremy, the soccer star got talked into being the kicker for the football team this school year (his senior year). On he second or third time out, he kicked off, the other team returned the ball, they fumbled, Jeremy caught it, everyone jumped on top of him. He brused the bone in his ankle. End of the soccer/football/track season for Jeremy!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 pm

We were playing intermural soccer in either my junior or senior year of high school--just a quick, fun game between the Spanish and Latin clubs. I was standing about 5 feet from a guy on our team (though facing away from him, so I'm not precisely sure what happened), but a few seconds later, he was on the ground, screaming in pain, because his leg was broken. We had to send someone running back up to the school from the soccer field to get the trainer (and paramedics called) so he could be taken to the hospital.

Needless to say, that was the only soccer match we played, even though I think we were supposed to play the German Club and French club also over that period of a few days...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 09, 2007 1:35 pm

I like KTR's idea about Vulcan ear tips being an erogenous zone. Thanks! I think I will use that. Heck, the Ferengi have a thing about their ears. What's it called? Oomaks? Would Vulcan neuropressure techniques include the ears? I think they would. Hmmm.

Another thing. Humans seem to have an attraction for Vulcan ears. Its canon. T'Pol said in the Cease Fire episode "I think they are jeolous" in answer to Soval's question "What is their fascination with our ears?" Well, I think some Vulcans might be infatuated with those cute little rounded ears on Humans. Symmetrical. Quite logical in design.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed May 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 09, 2007 10:07 pm

I think I can rationalize Vulcan ears (their pointed tip more specifically) being erogenous zones. They have that shape of their ears because it presumably allows them to hear better in the thinner atmoshpere on Vulcan - sound waves get caught better. So that means they are probably more sensitive than human ears, with more nerve endings, which would make it sensitive to touch as well.

But I don't think they'd let anyone go around touching their ears willy-nilly. It would be a great thing for mates to bond further though, with some sort of neuro-pressure. As to why T'Pol allowed Trip to touch her ears already in Broken Bow, well... take a wild guess! Twisted Evil Mr. Green

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed May 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Which writer was it posited Vulcans being descended from bats, as human are from apes? Giant carniverous bats, as I recall.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed May 09, 2007 10:32 pm

That would be TLR. I miss her. Sad

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Well, the bats origin thing has been part of fan speculation for a long, long time. Another fan theory holds that Vulcans are decendants from a feline species.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed May 09, 2007 11:28 pm

I'm a fan of the feline idea myself. Very Happy

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed May 09, 2007 11:52 pm

^ reminds me of that TOS episode "Assignment: Earth" where the "cat" seemed to favor Spock for some odd reason.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed May 09, 2007 11:57 pm

On another topic, anyone hear from Bether lately? I don't think I've seen her post in a few days at least.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu May 10, 2007 12:44 am

CX wrote:I'm a fan of the feline idea myself. Very Happy

Maybe that explains the catsuits!? Wink

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu May 10, 2007 12:48 am

CoffeeCat wrote:^ reminds me of that TOS episode "Assignment: Earth" where the "cat" seemed to favor Spock for some odd reason.

But the "cat" was a shapeshifter. Her name was Isis, and we saw her as a woman for a second later in the episode.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”