Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: Randomness

Postby Weeble » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Sounds like Kotik is the one to open up the Nascar thread. Maybe even put a 24 sticker on his back windshield. Or maybe an 8, he probably likes junior...
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Nah, Mark Martin or Danica if anything. I liked NASCAR better when there were still people with names like Buckshot Jones around and the cars were those V8 monsters that were about as sophisticated as an ox cart :lol: Those "new generation" cars - meh...

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby putaro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 pm

I think Kotik's more of a Demolition Derby kinda guy myself.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm

I agree Putaro, especially if they have demolition resistants car stereos.....

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 pm

She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Ms. Anders sounds like one of us.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Since August last year, I've been working in the cozy town of Hannover, Germany. Hannover is the spleen of Germany. Everybody knows it exists, but nobody knows what for. It's just there and nothing happens, ever. Until last week, when thieves stole a gold plated Leibnitz cookie from a statue at the manufacturers headquarters. Police had and has no clue whatsoever, but today a "ransom note" was sent to the manufacturer and to one of the biggest Hannover daily newspapers. It shows a person dressed as the cookie monster holding the golden biscuit and it reads:

Zero Cookies
I have the cookie and you want it back. That's why you might want to provide all childrens stations of the hospital at the Bult with Leibnitz cookies. The ones from whole milk chocolate, not those with dark chocolate or those without chocolate. And an extra cookie for the kids on the cancer station. The 1000 Euros that you offered for my capture shall be donated to an animal shelter.
I hope you like the cookie as much as I do and therefore want to be really generous with the children. I mean it, this is serious. Else the cookie will end up in Grumpy Oscar's garbage can. Really!!! After my demands have been met, you'll receive another letter telling you where the cookie is.

signed: Cookie Monster4

I don't condone theft or blackmail, but this had me in stitches :lol: :lol:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Priceless Kotik,

If we have a police force with a sense of humor this will turn out well. It may also be one of the few times that negotiating in a hostage crisis may prove productive. I'll get to the next chapter of "Words" shortly, I have a POP (pissed off pup) situation. My dog is demanding play time, or else.....

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

In English it's "Oscar the Grouch". I know this because my now-25 year old son was a major Cookie Monster fan at age 3.

"C is for cooookie, that's good enough for meeee..."
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Oscar the Grouch, huh? I don't know why, but this reminds me of someone. :doubt:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

yep, somehow i think SB likes cookies too

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am

Looks like I asked for premature dismissal from the company today...

Background: I've been working the front line database desk for Hewlett Packard since August last year. In all wisdom of american business logic they've fired 4 people without the workload getting any lighter. Since the customer is po'ed like hell due to the rotten service resulting from understaffed teams, HP decided to build a task force monitoring the teams and take measures to insure "better performance", They told us about that in a mail sent from the Vice president of HP. This was my answer to him:

I don't think I'll be working for them much longer, but it had to be said. Never cross a Kotik :evil:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

Actually, for you that letter was quite diplomatic, Kotik. Here's hoping that whoever reads it is intelligent and has a sense of humor. Good luck.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Distracted wrote:Actually, for you that letter was quite diplomatic, Kotik. Here's hoping that whoever reads it is intelligent and has a sense of humor. Good luck.

Well there are 55(!) managers in the recipient list, including the vice president of the company. I sure hope that someone reads it. I do however hope for common sense, rather than humour, because I didn't exaggerate the situation. They've shrunken the teams to the breaking point...

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Damn,

I knew all that fan fic writing would pay off for ya Kotik. Your letter, while a teeny bit snarky definitely reveals a kinder softer gentler Kotik. Adding various scientific topics and physical realities reveals your stoic Vulcan side is showing. Personally I probably would have sucked it up in my younger days. Now i would have written something a bit more terse and finished with a "#$%kyou and the horse you rode in on".

Return to “General Chat”