Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Grrr » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Jebus Christ on a pogo stick! I'm really fed flame attached to the whole Vettel-Webber to Malaysia. Said Vettel Webber kicked in the nuts, because the latter is a ridiculous pushover. He did not even defend himself!
What in the name of all that was holy smoke RB that nonsensical team is to give in the first place? I do not know, but I'm pretty sure it's not healthy and it's probably not even legal. Yes, ask a 3-time world champion, WHOI two of his three titles won by less than 5 points margin gift seven points. His teammate especially in the second race of nineteen You really should of them people put mushrooms.

That it in English again. I had to see what it said. I'm slowly trying to read a whole season of Dark Angel with Google translate. And yes it's in German. I have to say that Google just loves all the slang in the show. :banghead:

Grrr

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:30 pm

:tears:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm not sure I understood the original english version...
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 pm

That's the point... or at least one of them. Kotik has a unique flair for the language which is all his own. Add Google translate and mix well, and what comes out is sheer gold. ;-)

This is interesting. The Psychology of Star Trek vs Star Wars
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 am

Apparently there's something so upside down about the debate that they can't get the first photo right side up.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Interesting article. For me, Star Trek is like a long enjoyable dinner of many courses while Star Wars is a fast food drive through experience with food wolfed down between MacDonalds and the YMCA parking lot on my way to teach a couple of swimming classes.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 pm

I agree with Linda, other than the special effects I get bored with Star Wars rather quickly. Star Trek's major failing is as mentioned Roddenberry's utopian future. Love 'em or hate 'em I think that's why i like klingons, ferengi, Orion's, Romulan's and many of the species they meet on away missions. They make more sense to me. I think that's also why I prefer ST:Enterprise to the other series. It is an attempt at a transition from the current human condition to TOS, warts and all.
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I like both, though when I say that I'm talking about the first three SW movies and disregarding the newer ones, and I've never felt the need to read or write SW fanfic or even commercial fic the way I have ST fanfic.

The first Star Wars movie perfectly fits the traditional apotheosis of the hero: child who has powers is recognized by someone and lifted out of obscurity for special tutoring, over-reaches at least once and nearly dies/gets slapped down, grows in maturity through various increasingly difficult tests, and ultimately defeats the villain through sheer power and priestly (read: celibate) self-sacrifice.

The first Abrams Star Trek follows that, too (with some tweaks, especially in removing any hint of celibacy even from the Spock half of it). But that may be part of the reason why that movie so deeply annoys some ST fans -- because that's not a science fiction plot -- it's a fantasy plot.
Image.Image

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 am

If you love fantasy, especially fairy tales, you'll want to check out these amazing photographs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -life.html
Image.Image

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 am

Wow. What an imagination she has. Those are gorgeous.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Wondrous
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 07, 2013 10:10 pm

She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:R.I.P. Ray Harryhausen, Monster Innovator and Visual Effects Legend[/url]

Yeah. :(

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

I didn't know where to put this, so I am putting it here. This news article, well the whole news story, (in the vernacular of the 1960s-1970s) 'really freaked me out'. How could three women be held captive FOR TEN YEARS in a residential neighborhood and not have someone discover the situation or one of the women be able to get out? The three men, acting so normal otherwise, really fooled family and friends who had no idea, as far as I have read, that they were holding captives. I know there are horrible things going on everywhere, but this caught my interest sharply. I would like to hear other people's take on this.

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/55255142/84992420/In_Ohio_neighborhood_suspect_was_familiar_figure
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 pm

What can you say? As a parent, the thought of a child being abducted is just horrifying. Having your neighbor be the person who did it, who comes over and hugs you while you're holding a vigil asking for the child's safe return is just disgusting. It's sad that there's people like this in our world and if I had my way they wouldn't be breathing much longer.

Return to “General Chat”