WOW!!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WenyaLudjin
Cadet
Cadet

Postby WenyaLudjin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 am

Bether6074 wrote:Hey now! Some of us are married to baldies. Neutral

I like bald men. Mmm. Patrick Stewart. Even as a pre-teen, I thought he was a hottie.

And, hey, I better like bald men ... and hairy men. The man who's child I'm having is a hairy one, who happens to be balding. At 26. (*petty snicker*)

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Postby boushh » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:38 am

Just wanted to say that I like the new background color for the site. I was going to suggest something closer to the colors in the banner and I check the site today and that's what was there. Smile It's easier on the eyes.

Kenshin
Imager

Postby Kenshin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 am

The new banners are awesome, especially the Decon Chamber one. Beautiful.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:55 am

WenyaLudjin wrote:
Bether6074 wrote:Hey now! Some of us are married to baldies. Neutral

I like bald men. Mmm. Patrick Stewart. Even as a pre-teen, I thought he was a hottie.

And, hey, I better like bald men ... and hairy men. The man who's child I'm having is a hairy one, who happens to be balding. At 26. (*petty snicker*)

Well, since this is the general chat page...I have a theory on that matter. No basis in fact, mind you, just what I've seen. IMO, bald men do tend to be a bit more on the hairy side than their thick-haired counterparts. My hubs is hairy, too, and started balding somewhere in his mid-twenties as well. Kind of glad he doesn't lurk here. Laughing

If you don't mind my asking, WenyaLudjin, how's the oven bun doing? All is well, I hope. Smile

WenyaLudjin
Cadet
Cadet

Postby WenyaLudjin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Bether6074 wrote:Well, since this is the general chat page...I have a theory on that matter. No basis in fact, mind you, just what I've seen. IMO, bald men do tend to be a bit more on the hairy side than their thick-haired counterparts. My hubs is hairy, too, and started balding somewhere in his mid-twenties as well. Kind of glad he doesn't lurk here. Laughing

If you don't mind my asking, WenyaLudjin, how's the oven bun doing? All is well, I hope. Smile

Might have no basis in fact, but I'll take it. Seems to be the norm, at least among guys I know.

The bun is doing well, thanks for asking. Smile Two and a half more months ... and I want to sleep through this last trimester. ...sleep...

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tennisgirl » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:47 pm

I'm really glad to hear that both you and the little one are doing fine, Wenya. Wink

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:50 pm

WenyaLudjin wrote:
Bether6074 wrote:Well, since this is the general chat page...I have a theory on that matter. No basis in fact, mind you, just what I've seen. IMO, bald men do tend to be a bit more on the hairy side than their thick-haired counterparts. My hubs is hairy, too, and started balding somewhere in his mid-twenties as well. Kind of glad he doesn't lurk here. Laughing

Might have no basis in fact, but I'll take it. Seems to be the norm, at least among guys I know.

The bun is doing well, thanks for asking. Smile Two and a half more months ... and I want to sleep through this last trimester. ...sleep...

I like sleep too... hey do you know if you're having a boy or a girl... I mean a Lorian or a T'Mir Laughing

I can't say I hope to bald any time soon... but isn't it supposed to come from your mom's dad's side? Well my grandpa died at 85 with a full head of jetblack hair, so NUH! Cool ... but I am a hairy guy so who knows!

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Elessar wrote:I like sleep too... hey do you know if you're having a boy or a girl... I mean a Lorian or a T'Mir Laughing

She's gonna have a little boy. I keep trying to get her to name him Lorian or Rigil or Achilles Odysseus but she just refuses... Razz
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Connor's a nice name. Wink
Image sig by chrisis1033

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:07 pm

Go figure, can't imagine why... Razz

Maybe you ought to try suggesting "Adonis" while you're at it. (No, really, my cousin's son is named Adonis--though she wasn't the one who chose that name for him, that was the father. Everyone calls him Donnie.)

Glad to hear the pregnancy is coming along well, Wenya. Maybe you ought to name him Connor...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:19 pm

Jedikatie wrote:Go figure, can't imagine why... Razz

Maybe you ought to try suggesting "Adonis" while you're at it. (No, really, my cousin's son is named Adonis--though she wasn't the one who chose that name for him, that was the father. Everyone calls him Donnie.)

Glad to hear the pregnancy is coming along well, Wenya. Maybe you ought to name him Connor...

Rolling Eyes
How bout we let the soon to be Mother decide what she's gona name her baby boy, people. Wink

Oh an My big sis has told me time an time again that she to has a thing for Patrick Stewart an his chrome dome. Confused She said it was the only reason she watched any Trek show. Laughing
I dont get it? Whats attractive about a guy that has looked like he had one foot in the grave since his 40s? Razz
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:26 pm

What? What's wrong with Achilles Odysseus? Twisted Evil
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:
Elessar wrote:I like sleep too... hey do you know if you're having a boy or a girl... I mean a Lorian or a T'Mir Laughing

She's gonna have a little boy. I keep trying to get her to name him Lorian or Rigil or Achilles Odysseus but she just refuses... Razz

Kevin is a nice name, isn't it? Wink

Heh, it's not even my real name and I won't suggest that!

Nice to see you around here, Wenya and to know about your little one! Smile
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:30 pm

That's so interesting. When I was growing up, if any of the kids had the name Adonis then the nickname would be Tony. In Greek you say the "o" in Adonis like the "o" in Tony and you drop the "s" so it makes sense. If you say Adonis the American way then Donnie makes more sense. Hhhmm...

Wenya, glad you and the baby are doing well. Smile

Maybe we should have a "What should Wenya name the baby?" poll? Wink Maybe a more traditional baby pool would do in a few weeks, huh? Wink

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:18 pm

Mitchell, I was just kidding. (But I really do have a cousin named Adonis.) Of course Wenya should pick a name she likes.

If I ever did have a son, though, I want to name him Connor Michael. Not because of Connor Trinneer... I've just always liked those two names myself.

Hmm... didn't know that boushh about how Adonis usually becomes Tony in Greek nicknames. The kid's dad mainly gave him that name because my cousin (who wasn't married to him) planned to name her son after my uncle (her father), including using her maiden name, and he objected. So the kid ended up being named Adonis... could be worse, I've got another cousin's son who's named LeMario. Don't ask me where she got that from.

Rigil, as far as Achilles Odysseus goes... why would you name the poor kid after a guy who pouted in his tent and refused to fight because he wasn't given Briseis until Patrocles, wearing Achilles' armor, was killed in battle leading the Myrmidons in his place against Troy? Razz At least you suggested Odysseus too, who was clever...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Return to “General Chat”