Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:03 am

Some people just don't get that sometimes people are like busy and stuff and they just don't wanna talk!!! Confused
ImageImage

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:46 am

T'Poptarts, please do not ever use the word "worthless" when talking about yourself. Job title and butt size have nothing to do with a person's level of worth. This type of thinking will poison your self-esteem. You are NOT worthless!

I've always tried this practice in my life and it's called "walk a mile in my shoes". Have you ever tried considering why this girl behaves the way she does? Have you tried talking with her and explaining what bothers you or is that hopeless? If you find that all attempts to get along with her are impossible, then you may just need to find a way to best deal with the situation. You won't get along with everyone you meet, but you will have to learn how to deal civilly with those very people at times.

Think positive thoughts about yourself and not about how the others are perceiving you. It isn't about what they think, it's about what you know. You know who you are.

Viatrix
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Viatrix » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:57 pm

This is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but...

Why exactly is it so hard to READ an apartment ad you're replying to? I made sure to give details in the text because I personally hate ads that give a rent price and a number of bedrooms and nothng more. So you don't need to ask me things like how much the rent is, whether it's furnished, and whether there's parking, because I TOLD you. AND linked to the management website. Rent and furnished are even stated in the title. The title, fer cryin' out loud! Which you probably read if you're replying, right?

Le sigh.
"Us? Not interesting?"
- Malcom (Silent Enemy)

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:32 am

blackn'blue wrote:
Mitchell wrote:

I know that some of my relatives and friends who farm have sold their land to their kids, with lifetime residency for themselves. Can you work some kind of deal like that in PA?

How long ago was this bnb? Confused Cause Either way it looks like the cheapest thing will be for me to purchase the farm from my parents, But Ive been told that the Government has put a stop to people selling their property to Family at Low, low rates "Give me a Dollar, an its yours." type of deals. Probably by taxing the buyer, an or seller for the full value of the land at the sale. Or heaven forbid finning the crap out of them.

The guy I heard this depressing news from dos however work for the US Gov, an has been trying is best, an still legaly to keep farmers in bussiness. He works with local Ag Gov agency. Good honest man, helped my folks a lot over the years.

It just ticks me off. Cause here my parents, an I have been putting all this hard work, an time into our farm, paying off debts, loans, an what not in the false hope that buy the time Id take the farm over fully, I wouldnt have to worry about any/the majority of that. But as it looks now, Ill have to go from the Wading pull of debt, to takin a nose dive with lead weights strapped on into a freakin quarry version of the dang thing. Confused
TnT I love em. Very Happy

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:40 am

Mitchell wrote:But Ive been told that the Government has put a stop to people selling their property to Family at Low, low rates "Give me a Dollar, an its yours." type of deals.

What if they sell it for like a dollar to a trustworthy person outside the family and then that person sells it to you for a dollar? Twisted Evil
ImageImage

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 am

It's a shame your parents can't do some kind reverse mortgage, only to you instead of some bank. Sad
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 am

Governments are so frelling evil. Evil or Very Mad
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:22 am

I'm hungry. Sad
ImageImage

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 am

me too.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:43 am

So, eat something.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 am

I would if I had any food right now. Confused
ImageImage

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 am

Mitchell wrote:It just ticks me off. Cause here my parents, an I have been putting all this hard work, an time into our farm, paying off debts, loans, an what not in the false hope that buy the time Id take the farm over fully, I wouldnt have to worry about any/the majority of that. But as it looks now, Ill have to go from the Wading pull of debt, to takin a nose dive with lead weights strapped on into a freakin quarry version of the dang thing. Confused
It seems wildly unfair.

A scene from state government. Any state government will do. I think some variation happened in all 50, anyway:
Delegate #1: "Hey, if we write the laws, we can make taking money from people legal!"
Delegates #2-50: "Why didn't *I* think of that?"
Delegate #1: "How should we start?"
(Delegates #2-50 all shout out a different idea.)
Delegate #1: "We're gonna need to write this down..."

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:28 am

Mitchell wrote:
blackn'blue wrote:
Mitchell wrote:

I know that some of my relatives and friends who farm have sold their land to their kids, with lifetime residency for themselves. Can you work some kind of deal like that in PA?

How long ago was this bnb? Confused Cause Either way it looks like the cheapest thing will be for me to purchase the farm from my parents, But Ive been told that the Government has put a stop to people selling their property to Family at Low, low rates "Give me a Dollar, an its yours." type of deals. Probably by taxing the buyer, an or seller for the full value of the land at the sale. Or heaven forbid finning the crap out of them.

The guy I heard this depressing news from dos however work for the US Gov, an has been trying is best, an still legaly to keep farmers in bussiness. He works with local Ag Gov agency. Good honest man, helped my folks a lot over the years.

It just ticks me off. Cause here my parents, an I have been putting all this hard work, an time into our farm, paying off debts, loans, an what not in the false hope that buy the time Id take the farm over fully, I wouldnt have to worry about any/the majority of that. But as it looks now, Ill have to go from the Wading pull of debt, to takin a nose dive with lead weights strapped on into a freakin quarry version of the dang thing. Confused

Been a few years, at that. Shit.

It isn't right, that's for sure. Of course, there is nothign to prevent you from buying it from them at full market value, then have them put the money in a joint bank account with your name on it is there? Failing that, have them invest it in tax free government bonds and then make sure that their will specifies that you are the one that inherits the bonds when they pass away.

Or you could just meet them in the parking lot of the bank and let them hand you the cash in a sack full of small bills. Very Happy
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:38 am

Here's a thought.

Buy the farm from your parents, then rent it to them at a rate equal to, or perhaps slightly higher than, the mortgage payment. They pay you the rent from the money you gave them from the purchase, and you turn around and pay the mortgage with it.

Legal? I dunno. A lawyer could tell you. I don't see anything illegal about it. People buy rental property all the time and then rent it for more than enough to pay the mortgage payments, don't they?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:31 am

My head is spinning. Are you by chance a lawyer, BnB? That plan sounds complicated and conniving enough to be lawyer-worthy. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”