Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Are yo a morning Person?

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:58 pm

I thought this would make abetter thread subject than a post in Randomnes.

Are you a Morning person or do you believe that Mornings are designed for you personally to bedevil you by dragging your Body out of a nice warm bed in to the cold Morning light?
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Are yo a morning Person?

Postby Aquarius » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Well I wouldn't exactly call myself a morning person, but I am more of one now than I was in my 20s and early 30s. Lot of things factor into that. One thing: the onset of migraines. For a while there was a pattern of being more likely to have one on a day off than on a day I went to work. So I figured it was because I was sleeping later than normal and getting my breakfast later than normal, and not getting up and moving around as much (back then I had two jobs so days off were for rest), and my doctor said there could be something to it, so I got in the habit of setting an alarm for no later than 8:30 am, about an hour later than I got up on a work day.

Years after that, Elvis became diabetic the first time, so I had to keep his insulin injections on schedule, which also meant never sleeping past 9am. After a while, I just started waking up that early no matter what, conditioned response, I guess.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Definitely not a morning person. It usually takes me about 2 hours to properly wake up.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

No choice. Gotta get up. Sometimes I sleep in on Saturdays 'til eleven, though. Feels good.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:46 pm

I would like to be a NOT morning person, but I have to do. Now, considering that I am a night person, you can understand my BIG PROBLEM. :banghead:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm a certified night owl. Always have been. So much that I wouldn't be too uncomfortable being a vampire. :twisted: I hate mornings with a vengeance, which is why I tend to skip them altogether.

Luckily for me I have a job that allows me to work flexible hours. So what if I don't get home until 8 or 9 PM. I can stay up late.

This only works because I live by myself, and that my responsibilities at work are precisely that, my responsibilities. As long as I do what I must before the presses start, I'm good. 8)

I still rack up a sleep deficit during the work week, so I often "catch up" with some extra hours during weekends.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Very much a morning person now, though I never was as a kid. But I need time to wake up. I like getting up before 5am and having a good 45 minutes of quiet to drink tea and pet the cat before getting ready for work.

I'm also a big fan of whatever daylight we get around here in the winter. I'm definitely NOT a vampire.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 am

I think it's common to become a morning person as you age. Like many people, I used to be a night owl when I was a teen and in my early twenties. By my late twenties, I started to enjoy getting up early. Now, I have a dog so whether or not I stay up late I must get out of bed for his sake.

Now, I almost never sleep past 7am. I love getting up early and getting writing done or going to the gym.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 am

Right, as one gets older the Morning hours grow more recious. I love being alone in the morning, coffe, Newspaper, Breakfast and thinking without interruption.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

Naturally, I'm a night owl. But I've become a morning person by circumstance (and under protest, I might add. I can't function w/o coffee anymore). Banshee Girl has night terrors occasionally, so it's not unusual for me or Hubby to be up at 2 AM-5AM, and then the others wake up. Two of my 3 kids had colic...so you can imagine what the past 7 years have been like. :-(

Sleeping in till 6 or 7, even on the weekends, is heaven for me.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:17 am

honeybee wrote:I think it's common to become a morning person as you age. Like many people, I used to be a night owl when I was a teen and in my early twenties. By my late twenties, I started to enjoy getting up early.

I'm 41 and I'm still as much of a night person as I was in my early twenties.

I read somewhere that people have different circadian rhythms. Most have the normal 24 hrs or so, but a few has longer or shorter. If they're longer, say 25 hours, then they would continuously shift their sleep cycles even if they tried to adapt to the norm. If I get up earlier than I normally do, it still won't mean that I go to bed that much earlier. Say I get up two hours earlier one day, that night I'd probably go to bed maybe one hour earlier than the night before. :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:51 am

LR: hang in there! I know broken nights can really tear you down. I am an evening person, but just like Lady Rainbow said, you can't sleep in with young childern. I spent five years of my life getting up twice at night to feed/comfort the kids. A year ago they started to sleep through the night and waking up around 6.30 AM. I am sooo lucky. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Alarm went off a few minutes ago. Answer is still no.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Depends on what you mean by "morning person". 6am, kill me. 11:59, ahhhhh. Any time in between can be a combination of the two.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:49 pm

When I was a young, Single, Man there were a number of reasons I would still be in Bed late in the morning: Little Drinking the night before, Didn't get to bed until 3 in the A.M., Over night Bed Partner, Laziness.

Now, approaching my Diamond year (75) each waking moment is treasured. The body is treacherous. One can go to sleep and not wake up. Mornings are welcome, means I made it through another night. I am reasonably healthy for my age. But I have known others who were too and I have attended Funerals for them. Once knew a man who retired in his late 50's. Passed his retirement physical with flying colors was assured he would have a long and happy retirement. Dropped dead the next day. You can never tell.

Return to “General Chat”