Speaking of aging...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Speaking of aging...

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 am

Okay, this probably technically should go in the YouTubes thread, but I wanted to say a little more about it than "hey, look at this video." I'm posting this having been inspired a little bit by the mosh pit video.

To start, I sort of have a love/hate thing for the Black Eyed Peas. A couple of their songs I've liked right out of the box. More than a few have just annoyed the crap out of me. Mostly...I can't even decide if their music annoys me or I love it!! Sometimes I lean toward being annoyed...and eventually I cave and admit I love it.

Their song "Imma Be" was one of the mostly annoying ones. In fact, I never listened to it all the way through before changing the radio station--until last week, that is. I was just too busy paying attention to the road to worry about the radio, and the song changed into something very, very cool.

So I went in search of the video, and I found this: Imma Be/Rocking that Body Now, the first half of "Imma Be" still kind of annoys me, but in this video, at about 4:12---OMG, the memories of my partying days at the Nectarine Ballroom are alive and well! Seriously, from here, on through the "Rock your Body" part reminds me of being blissfully tipsy...bass thudding through my body and strobe lights...dance floors so crowded, bodies pressed up against mine...FREEDOM!! Aw man, I really miss it sometimes.

Any way...this video in and of itself is cool--and you gotta love the dancing robots!

So...Who wants to go clubbing???
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Speaking of aging...

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:59 am

Sorry... um, what...!? I got distracted by Fergie's hot body and awfully nice bum in that Barbarella costume... :drool:

Otherwise, not my cup of tea.

Errm, carry on! :oops:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:06 am

:dunno: In all fairness, the music itself isn't going to mean the same thing to people who weren't clubbing at gay bars in the 90s. ;-) But this is the kind of stuff DJ Chad used to spin...and I miss it.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 am

Aquarius wrote: So...Who wants to go clubbing???

Believe it or not, I went to a club on Saturday night for the first time in... um... practically ever... to listen to my sister-in-law's band play. My 17 year old daughter INVITED me to go with her and her friends. I never go to bars or clubs but how could I possibly say no to that? Anyway, the music wasn't bad but what's with the no place to sit and everybody just standing around drinking beer for two hours waiting for the headliner to start playing? The flyer said 8 o'clock but the main act didn't start until 10 pm! Is that normal?

When my daughter invited me and told me it started at 8 I figured I'd stay for an hour or so and then go home. As it was I stuck it out until the headliner's first song was done and then got out. I got home at 10:30. That's past my bedtime. 8)

Guess I'm not the one to ask about going clubbing, Aquarius. My daughter would likely be game, though. She stayed out until midnight. Dunno what she does that late. She's too young to drink and she doesn't dance. It would bore me to tears just to stand around and listen to music all night. It would have bored me even when I was in college. Seems sort of a waste of time when I could be home doing something constructive.

Am I missing the point? Is there a point to going clubbing? :vulcan:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 am

Distracted wrote:
Aquarius wrote: So...Who wants to go clubbing???

The flyer said 8 o'clock but the main act didn't start until 10 pm! Is that normal?

Yes.
Guess I'm not the one to ask about going clubbing, Aquarius. My daughter would likely be game, though. She stayed out until midnight. Dunno what she does that late. She's too young to drink and she doesn't dance. It would bore me to tears just to stand around and listen to music all night. It would have bored me even when I was in college. Seems sort of a waste of time when I could be home doing something constructive.

Am I missing the point? Is there a point to going clubbing? :vulcan:

Can't speak for your daughter, Dis. If I go to a club to hear a band play, that's what I do. But usually...think discotheque. I'd go to drink, dance, see and be seen, and ride the grooves until the lights came up and they said "Go the hell home!" I never just "stood around" at a club, but if I did, I imagine I'd be bored, too. ;-)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Ah. Well, I like to dance. Unfortunately the only type of dancing my husband likes is ballet (Long story) so we rarely go out dancing.

Hmmm. Maybe a ballroom dancing class. That might be a decent compromise. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm

No thank you. I'll stay home. :( Again, I am getting that uncomfortable feeling that other people are having (or have had) more fun than me, lol . . . :mrgreen: :lol:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Speaking of aging, and speaking to Aquarius, I got my hair cut shortish yesterday. I feel you might approve. The long hair wasn't working for me anymore. I was starting to look like an aging hippie. Got instant postive feedback. People say it's "cute."
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Pic???

About fun: all I can say is it's been an interesting life--one that's been a little less interesting of late. But I'm not sorry--for most of it, any way.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Aquarius wrote:In all fairness, the music itself isn't going to mean the same thing to people who weren't clubbing at gay bars in the 90s. ;-)

Well, there you have it. I've never gone clubbing at gay bars, in the 90s or anytime else... :-p
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Your loss. Music was better than at the straight bars!! :-p Underage drinking was also much easier there. Not that I'd advocate that sort of thing... :tsktsk:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 am

Aquarius, one thing a bout going to a Gay bar, You woudn't have to worry about being hit on by all of the guys in the Bar. Refresging. Dance all night with your date without being bothered.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:39 am

No but I had lots of drinks bought for me by girls. ;-) And my "date" was usually a gay guy.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 am

You're making me miss the 90s, Aquarius! Back then, it was actually edgy for a breeder to hang out in gay clubs. Now, it's kind of expected. 8)
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:53 am

Aqarius, you had to fight of the Gals and your date had to fight off the Males. When did you find the time to Dance and enjoy the music.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “General Chat”