Well Wishes to People in Moscow

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Well Wishes to People in Moscow

Postby honeybee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I know we have at least one forum member, Ludmila (who comments under the name lbekoj), who lives in Moscow! Just wanted to say that I hope you're safe and well - and that we're thinking about the people of Moscow today.

:hug:
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Well Wishes to People in Moscow

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Just so! :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm

honeybee wrote:I know we have at least one forum member, Ludmila (who comments under the name lbekoj), who lives in Moscow! Just wanted to say that I hope you're safe and well - and that we're thinking about the people of Moscow today.

:hug:

Thanks!
I and my acquaintances are well. Unfortunately, these acts happen one time in one or two years in the last two decades here. People are dying but I realized in last years that being the victim of some act of terror is the same reality for me as the possibility of being the victim of some autowreck. I am not afraid to use metro (subway). Many my acquaintances think the same. Maybe if the organizers of such acts will see that the more they do it the less it become scary for people, they stop do it. Though I admit that they made scarier things before but I hope that they will stop do their explosions at least.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm

You've got a great attitude, Ludmila. One way ordinary people can thwart terrorists is not not be terrorized by them. Living life in fear is no life at all.

I'm very happy to hear that you are not afraid to step on the subway.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I am not afraid to fly also, but I dislike the prohibition to bring water on a board. :( But ordinary people love also to hear that some measures are taken.
I exploit the possibility to let know that I am busy a little (with anothe fandom :oops: ) now but I hope that I'll able to read the fics of new authors and missing by me stories of my old authors.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:24 pm

So sorry to hear about the attak, Ludmilla. I bet everyone in Moscow is a bit stresed right now. Thinking of you, and hoping this never happens again, in Moscow or anywhere else!

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Ludmilla I'm glad you're okay.I'm so sorry to hear such sad tragic news that this happened in Moscow.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 am

I was sorry to hear about the attackt and happy to hear you're okay, Ludmila.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Thank you all very much for caring!
The atmosphere is slightly strained and people in the subway are less now. But it is not a first explosion. They become much bloodier every year but less scary. Because it was understood from the beginning that we are not safe anymore anywhere. This fact accepted. It is a sad reality. I do not understand the sense of continuing. Maybe new goal is made outsiders scary.
But I fully agree with Honeybee: "Living life in fear is no life at all."

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 pm

There has been a past in my country, not too much long ago, during which life was like this, even if because of different reasons.
I am with you, my dear friend.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:14 pm

It's tragic that these things happen :( It may sound sarcastic, but these things are less of a threat than what I saw in the early 90's in Russia (Omsk, Siberia). Drive-by shootings were common and people talked about it as if it was just another road works. I must admit that I have a deep respect for russian people. What they've been through since 1990 makes 9/11 look like a kid's prank and that's certainly no exaggeration. Even with all the terrorist attacks, we westerners have no idea how relatively easy and comfortable our life is.

Рад что все в порядке. Удачи Людмила. :)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm so sorry! I forgot we had a member in Moscow! Thank you Ludmilla for offering your first hand geographic perspective. It is odd these days, that I find myself saying, in response to some news event, "I have a friend in [Italy, Spain, Vancouver, Estonia . . .]" It does make the news come to life. :shock: I'm so sorry, Ludmilla!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “General Chat”