Sea Patrol - Hulu

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Sea Patrol - Hulu

Postby Navigator » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:19 am

During the bad weather this weekend, I was wasting time on Hulu and found Sea Patrol on the TV side. It is a series about a coastal patrol boat in the Royal Australian Navy and Hulu has the first season. I watched the first two episodes and frankly it is fairly good and so far at least they have got procedures and they way things work down very well. RAN procedures are a bit different (for example - more commissioned officers than on a comparable US craft) from both ours and the RN, but you can see how a ship, at least a very small one works. Roughly analogous to one of our Coast Guard small cutters.

It is far from totally realistic, but is one heck of a lot more realistic than JAG or NCIS or LA NCIS all jammed together could ever hope to be. For those of you who write, I would suggest it as a reasonable source of how to do boarding parties, etc. Elessar will love the ordnance. The first episode has the most inventive use for the barrel of a Browning P-35 9MM pistol ever. Distracted would like it.

My disclaimer is I have only seen two episodes - it could go to heck in a handbasket.

And Buffer is who Malcolm should have been.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Sea Patrol - Hulu

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 am

Darn it, anything Australian gets me interested!!!!

Return to “General Chat”