Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

The POLIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 pm

Anyone go to the beginning of the Police world tour in Vancouver?

We did! GM Place seats 20000, and it was awesome. I didn't get any photos, but every third person in the place had their cell out and was making videos and photos. It was like little square blue lightning bugs by the hundreds at any given moment. They are now seeping onto YouTube:

{REALLY NOISY! TURN YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN!}

Roxanne

Wrapped Around Your Finger

So NOISY!

It was Prisocisor's birthday, so we flew over to Vancouver as a treat and left babyScribe with the prisoParents.

The show was SO good. They did two reeeeeally long encores. And then......wait for it....

We got a night of unbroken sleep. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Did you make it, VFlick????

Here's the US tour info. Any Seattle HoTerites going this week?

Here's the EU tour info. Some of yous GOTTA go!!!!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: The POLIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Postby justTripn » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Awesome picture. He looks even better as he ages. Wierd. My husband interviewed Sting--THREE TIMES! (He used to be a pop culture reporter--also met the whole Voyager crew, as I've probably mentioned before). Anyway, THREE whole times he interviewed Sting and the third time, Sting recognized him and called out his name. But in all those times my husband failed to mention to him that our oldest son was born with "Fields of Gold" playing in the background.

Yes I wish I was there, enterprikayak. I saw Sting in concert once, I believe. He was wearing a shirt with a muscle-man chest printed on it so from a distance, it looked like he wasn't wearing a shirt. Kind of audacious.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Course, now they plaster HUGE closeups of everything on the 3 bigscreens on the stadium ceiling. These little ant men are dancing around down there onstage and you look up and it's a soap-opera closeup of ol' Sting or Summers sweating and singing and giving his pedal-man the evil eyebrow. I bet it's JUST like working for dentists... being a tech man onstage. Only there's 20,000 patients staring at you instead of one. The evil eyebrow would remain the same. And the sinking feeling, as you realise that you and the eyebrow are not speaking the same language and there's no UT for miles.

WEIRD! Roxanne JUST came on my playlist just like Enterprise did the other day. 19 hours of music on here and Roxanne comes on as I'm describing Sting's theoretical evil eyebrow.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 am

They were just here at the Key Arena. No tickets, but that was OK - you ould hear them just fine from a block away...
Attn: T'Poptarts - that's Sting right up there, three feet in the air. Boy howdy, he's still got some jump in 'im.
For someone only a year younger than moi. Laughing
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:51 am

AND he's still picking that guitar! What a guy!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:23 am

Did he do track before taking up music? I can't imagine jumping that high, and I think the Police were playing before I was born, or somewhere thereabouts in time. Impressive.

Return to “General Chat”