Congrats on the recommendation!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby Linda » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Yes, I forgot to say congratulations. I was too focused on the child. :lol:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Congrats, Elessar! I echo the comments on the cuteness of your niece. (And, wow... eclectic mix of room decorations.)

Re; JT and the pink skulls... so in cute (and available) that even I (at my nowhere-near teen age) am contemplating a bathing suit with a pink skull print for this summer. But for boys...? I guess you never know what will be "in"...
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:15 pm

As long as I was fighting with Photobucket to get that photo of Dylan receiving his science fair award for the happy news thread, I decided to put up a couple family photos here.

Dylan and his two younger sisters Shayla and Skyelar:

Me holding Shayla at her first birthday party. Skyelar is standing to the right:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/B ... hLinda.jpg

Dylan's older sister Image:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/B ... e20072.jpg
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Hey sorry about the different formats of the photos in my last post. As I said, I am graphically challenged. :?

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm

They are all beautiful. Image is especially beautiful. Did Grandma take everyone to Chuck E. Cheese??!!!

My kids used to LOVE that place. I could pull out some very similar pictures, but I'll restrain myself.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes it was Chuck E. Cheese! Actually my daughter planned the party for Shayla's first birthday. Guess it reminded her of when I did that for her when she was little. It is hard to believe Chucky has been around so long! He wasn't there when I was a kid, which I mentioned to my daughter. I could see the wheels in her head turning - but I REALLY hope she does not plan a Chuck E. Cheese party for my birthday because I was so 'culturally deprived' as a child. These days I would really prefer a quiet restaurant and a nice bottle of dry red wine. :lol:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Linda wrote: These days I would really prefer a quiet restaurant and a nice bottle of dry red wine. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 am

Once when Jeremy was in preschool, I was reading him a book about dinosaurs. The book said the dinosaurs lived in this country way before there were cars or houses or even people, and Jeremy adds "and no Chuck E Cheese . . ."

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Jeremy has a good historical sense. My grandkids have suggested that I rode dinosaurs to school. :| Of course those old school buses are proabably the dinosaurs of the transportation industry by now. :roll:

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:25 pm

When I was in kindergarden I explicitly remember learning that Mt. Everest was the tallest mountain in the world, and I must have looked at the world in a really 1-dimensional way because I remembered saying to the teacher, "So how do they know what's on the other side of it? Could there be dinosaurs? Couldn't there be stuff there that nobody's seen before?" I was a natural born explorer :D
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Cool, Elessar. I'm not much of a mountain climber - those people going up rock faces give me the shivers and shortness of breath just wathcing them. But if I thought that was the only way to see some dinosaurs...I'd seriously consider doing it!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Well, this isn't strictly speaking a member picture, but . . . NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day is by John Pane, someone I know! He's a member of our astronomy club! It's a composite of comet Holmes over a period of months. So I saw this picture progress. Well . . . see if you think this is exciting!!!

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080205.html

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:27 pm

That's pretty big for a comet, isn't it?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Indeed remarkable!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Picture Threads”