Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby Ulva » Fri May 13, 2011 8:33 pm

For some women who ask that question it's not about the dress, it's about reassurance. Am I good enough? That's the question you should answer, not if the dress is ok. One can of course argue that people should be forthright and ask the question they really want answers to, but for some reason people aren't always logical. I can definitely understand Vulcan frustration. :vulcan:
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Ulva wrote:So. Pictures? I've got some too. This is me:

^ That's the most recent picture of me. I took it a year ago after finishing the steampunk dress on the picture to show off my master sewing skills (but I have a degree as a women's tailor so I'm really a professional).

^ Me with shorter dreads in 2007. I got them in 2006 because I wanted raspberry red dreads and I wasn't going to keep them really, but then I found out that I have an illness where I tend to lose a lot of hair every now and then but with the dreads it's not showing the way it should if I had short or long hair. The dreads create an illusion basically when I have my hair loss moments. So the dreads stay on. For now at least.

^ Me in 2004, photoshopped by a TrekBBS friend. It was inspired by the avatar I have here actually.

^ 17 in Sid Viscous style.

You're adorable, Ulva! Love the dress and your hair 'dos!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm probably betreying thousands of years of feminine tradition, however when I ask the question I want an honest answer. That said I want a qualifier added saying "But by god sweetheart I love ya more" :hatsoff:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, I don't need that kind of reassurance. I have eyes. I can tell if a dress is ok or not. If I want reassurance from someone special I'll tell them I need it and why. Not everyone are like that though. 8)
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Well to me there is a difference between the question "Am I fat?" and "Do I look fat?" One is obvious, one is perception.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Absolutely. However, not everyone understand the difference. That goes for both the one asking and the one supposed to answer.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Graduation report:

My wonderful Jeremy graduated magna cum laude! Unfortunately I don't have the picture with the special tassels. The graduation ceremony was quite insipring. Comedian Bill Cosby is a trustee of the University, so he always shows up and says a few words. If you are a Bill Cosby fan, you already know what he said: Don't expect you can just keep sitting on the couch at your parent's house playing on the computer. Go out and get a job!!!! And when a baby cryed, Cosby stopped and said, "Give that kid a pudding pop!" And the crowd roared. Journalist Chris Matthews was the keynote speaker and his theme was also "Go out and get that job! ANY job! Network. Make it happen!" And yes, he also shouted his whole speech, but it kind of worked for him. :)

The graduation dinner at the Taco place also went well, the festivities aided by a gigantic bottle of champaigne and two cakes that we were allowed to bring in.

I think he looks like Michael Jackson in this one: Image
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Magna Cum Laude!!!!!!!!!!!! :happyjump: WOW! You must be so proud. And What a handsome young man!

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat May 14, 2011 8:10 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Magna Cum Laude!!!!!!!!!!!! :happyjump: WOW! You must be so proud. And What a handsome young man!

Ditto that. Congrats to Jeremy! :thumbsup:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 14, 2011 8:23 pm

And I did get to meet the new girlfriend, but my camera stopped working before I could get a picture, which is probably just as well, because I would be horribly tempted to immediately post it somewhere. She is a skinny little thing with pointy shoes. Like a Barby doll. Seems very responsible. :thumbsup:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Well at least you think she's nice!

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 pm

justTripn wrote:And I did get to meet the new girlfriend, but my camera stopped working before I could get a picture, which is probably just as well, because I would be horribly tempted to immediately post it somewhere. She is a skinny little thing with pointy shoes. Like a Barby doll. Seems very responsible. :thumbsup:

You know you're a Trek fan when your mind first read that as "She is a skinny little thing with pointy ears." :lol:

Congrats on your son's graduation, jT! :thumbsup:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 14, 2011 10:29 pm

I guess! :lol:

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
justTripn wrote:And I did get to meet the new girlfriend, but my camera stopped working before I could get a picture, which is probably just as well, because I would be horribly tempted to immediately post it somewhere. She is a skinny little thing with pointy shoes. Like a Barby doll. Seems very responsible. :thumbsup:

You know you're a Trek fan when your mind first read that as "She is a skinny little thing with pointy ears." :lol:

Congrats on your son's graduation, jT! :thumbsup:

Ha, ha, that's too funny! Thanks KTR, and everyone!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Yeah well Ann you can tell all 3 of your boys that if I wasn't 31 I'd be getting you to give them my phone number. Man. They look like something out of a magazine. lol Well done! :hatsoff:

Here's one I just found of me at age 16 in a Bajorn Kai costume I made myself for a Trek con. (I won 1st place, btw :modest: )

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Picture Threads”